The Executive Committee and Staff welcome you to celebrate San Joaquin Valley’s diverse cultural heritage at the Third Annual San Joaquin Tamale Festival.
The San Joaquin Tamale Festival celebrates taste and talent by bringing together live music, the arts, great plated foods, and California wines. The event showcases professional and amateur community talent with live entertainment throughout the 2-day event and on two stages, professional cooking demonstrations, carnival rides, a custom car show, tamale themed creative displays, arts, and crafts, DJs, and Mariachis and much more!!!
This year we celebrate “giving back to our community” as the San Joaquin Tamale Festival is proud to sponsor a 5K Run benefiting the Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital, in Sacramento.
Also, just as last year, the San Joaquin Tamale Festival will encourage to “adopt-a-pet” by bringing the City of Stockton Animal Shelter Services, Wags and Whiskers of Modesto, ready for you to adopt a pet!!!!!
The San Joaquin Tamale Festival demonstrates how the synergy of good food, good folks, and good times make the San Joaquin Valley the seat of Northern California cultural events and an All-American destination to kick off the festival. We hope to see you at this year’s second Festival for a two-day celebration. And please mark your calendar to join us for a two-day celebration every second weekend in September in the years to follow.
Date and Time:
INDOOR & OUTDOOR EVENT, RAIN OR SHINE
Saturday and Sunday of October 14-15, 2017: 12 Noon – 8:00 PM
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
1658 South Airport Way, Stockton, CA 95206
- Adults (18-59) – $10
Teens (13-17) – $10
Seniors (60+w/ID) – $10
College students – $10
Military (w/ID) – $10
- Kids (6-12) – $6
- Children (5 and under) – Free
- San Joaquin’s Got Talent showcase
- Tamale Alley
- Home Cook, Food Truck, and Restaurant Tamale Challenges
- Live music on the two stages all day
- Live cooking demonstrations
- Custom car, boat, and motorcycle show
- Food, wine, and beer pairings
- Vendors, exhibitors, displays
- Tamale themed project displays
- Celebrity autograph signings (sports celebrities, authors)
- Live jazz, R&B, mariachi, country, and rock n’ roll performers
- Supporting local charities and non-profit organizations
- Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital 5k Run
- Kids’ Zone and carnival rides
- Tamale Festival Flyer 2015